Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency to voltage via timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judd

I'm sure this is very simple, but I am really rather flummoxed. I have a logging dashboard in my car which will output the %age slip between the front and rear wheels as a frequency (from 0 to 1000Hz). I have an ECU in my car which will accept wheel slip as a voltage (0 to 5v) and will then cut the engine to suit (traction control). And I need to prevent the first 2 seconds of this wheel slip output from getting to the ECU - this is so I can launch from a standing start and control my wheel spin with the throttle. I also have a varying input (battery) voltage on the car - about 11 to 13V.

I need to convert the frequency to a voltage, to regulate the input voltage and delay the output by 2 seconds. I have found the LM2917N Frequency to Voltage Convertor. This would appear to be the key to the problem. But, I am totally confused as to what resistor and capacitor to spec. I also got even more confused when I entered the world of timers! The regulator didn't seem too great a problem.

Can anyone help me to define the circuit? I am pretty handy with a soldering iron and can pick most things up quickly. But I really need a quick solution to this problem so I can test it on the car before my race season ends! Plus the weather is going to get worse and traction control will be a huge boost!!

Thanks for any help.

Oliver

reroute the signals so the normally front sensor signal comes from the back sensors also. The system should see 0 slip and thus not react. Just use a toggle switch or timed relay to make the needed change from one signal source to the other.

I doubt the system is smart enough to know if its reading both signal inputs from the same source.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back