Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency Analysis in Multisim

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Manuel

Hi,
I wanted to find out the frequency range over which AD620 (an in-amp) works using Multisim. Is it possible to do so?

Thanks

Why not inquire of the data sheet which tells you a -3dB BW of 120kHz @ G=100 and various other gain values on page 4? There's something peculiarly bizarre about using a computer to run a simulation of a model of this device, though I suppose biasing it up, setting gain and running .ac dec 10k 10M and eyeballing the -3dB point would get you there.

Hi Ermine,
Thank you very much for your reply! Yes, I did see the datasheet. But my concern is whether the model of AD620 in Multisim will reproduce the same. Actually, I wanted to use this component as part of a bigger circuit. The working of the circuit will be in high-frequency range (of the order of megahertz). So, I wanted to know if the Multisim model of AD620 will show its frequency dependent behaviour as mentioned in datasheet. If it does not the whole point of me doing the simulation will reduce to nothing.

So, I wanted to know if the Multisim model of AD620 will show its frequency dependent behaviour as mentioned in datasheet.

In that case simulating fig 48 in the datasheet with V1 AC [some reasonable value to stay within the power rails at your chosen gain level] and running .ac dec 10k 10M should be a good test, and give somewhere for the input bias currents to go. Or use V1 AC [some value as above/2] stacked on top of V2 V1 AC [some value as above/2] like so to give your balanced signal of .001V in this case DC coupled.

Attachments

• balancedv.png
    balancedv.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 222
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back