Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

forward and reverse control with relays and spst switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmcrzy

hey everyone,

I am building a control box for my dad for one of his tactors. He has an electric motor that runs on 12 volts and about 20 amps. I want to make a box that is as easy as possible for him to use. so I was thinking an on/off switch to control forward and reverse and a push button to power up the circuit. Here is what I have built. The system on/off is where the push button is and I have a spst switch for forward/reverse.

Problem is it keeps blowing fuses when I hit the push button. I have verified all of the connections and everything is wired as shown.

thanks for any help guys!!!!!

View attachment 61219

Last edited:
Can you send data on the relays? Part number?
Assuming the relay control coil is from 85 to86. AND The contacts connect 30 to 87 or 30 to 87A.

Does the fuse hold when just powering the motor? no relays (I have to ask)

If the motor is removed and the switches are pushed / flipped does the fuse blow?

Thanks for your response. I actually just figured it out. one of the relays turned on 87 and 87a at the same time. I switched it out with a regular relay and it works perfect now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back