Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Forceps delivery of Windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

Hi all,

I've managed to install a new (licensed version) on my PC as well as on that on my stepdaughter's one.

It took me about five hours to build in two new main-boards, set up 9HDDs and two DVD-readers/writers, with two IDE HDDs in one PC and another one in the second.

There were previous installations (IDE HDDs) of Windows xp professional on both PCs- that's why I disabled the boot drives to create new boot partitions ones on SATA drives to format the original drives after windows setup.

My stepdaughter's PC uses a (repaired (ASUS)) P5KPL/PS main-board equipped with a 2.4GHz dual core Intel processor and 1GB of dual channel RAM while mine uses an Intel main-board (DG41RQ) equipped with a 2.8GHz dual core Intel processor and 4GB of dual channel RAM.

The total HDD capacity of my stepdaughter's PC is 0.5TB, while mine is 1.2TB (privilege of a father) :)

Overall both MOBOs perform excellent with a slight difference: The ASUS loads windows about two seconds earlier than the Intel with the same software installation.

Concerning MS net.Framework even the newer versions of windows xp require to install 3.5 before upgrading to 4.0.

Regards

Boncuk

Fine. How much time each machine takes to boot from the time we press the button, with some antivirus enabled?

Hi mvs,

I haven't installed any anti-virus software till now, but I know from previous installations that the system's overall performance is impaired quite much when using anti-virus software.

I guess I'll kick out the Intel motherboard again since it's boot features are not what I expected.

Having all five HDDs connected the system tries to boot from an IDE HDD which is not a boot drive. Thereafter it stops instead of checking another HDD for a boot sector.

Regards

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back