Flexible Copper clads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi:
has anyone run these:
SALE! 5" x 8" Scissor Cut Ultra Thin Copper Clad-The Electronic Goldmine
thru a laser for direct resist printing?

Just wondering if it's worth buying to try.

To do doublesided , just print 2nd layer in mirror format and align thru reference vias. U can stack layers for DIY multilayer boards etc!

This wouldn't need drilling....a needle would punch it fine and create a via that u can flatten out.
Prob. good for hot air pencil smd work etc.

Why to use a flex pcb:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I've bought this in both single and double sided, works great for toner transfer. I use a paper cutter and laminator. Drills super easy, don't thing you could poke a needle through that easy though. It comes up on sale several times a year, use to buy a few, if I was ordering other stuff. Got quite a stock already, sometimes when it's gone, it's gone for good, and really like this stuff. Cutting thicker board with a saw was a hassle, so was drilling through. I don't typically use large, heavy parts, or high voltage/current in my projects, so this works just fine.

I bought 10 sheets of this the same day I found that link, it really seems too cheap for what you're getting, granted I'm sure the copper isn't that thick I wonder how it compares to a standard 1 or 2 ounce standard copper PCB for things higher than signal level, I think I'll use part of a sheet to get some real measurements on the thickness of each layer / insulation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…