Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flexible Copper clads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi:
has anyone run these:
SALE! 5" x 8" Scissor Cut Ultra Thin Copper Clad-The Electronic Goldmine
thru a laser for direct resist printing?

Just wondering if it's worth buying to try.

To do doublesided , just print 2nd layer in mirror format and align thru reference vias. U can stack layers for DIY multilayer boards etc!

This wouldn't need drilling....a needle would punch it fine and create a via that u can flatten out.
Prob. good for hot air pencil smd work etc.

Why to use a flex pcb:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I've bought this in both single and double sided, works great for toner transfer. I use a paper cutter and laminator. Drills super easy, don't thing you could poke a needle through that easy though. It comes up on sale several times a year, use to buy a few, if I was ordering other stuff. Got quite a stock already, sometimes when it's gone, it's gone for good, and really like this stuff. Cutting thicker board with a saw was a hassle, so was drilling through. I don't typically use large, heavy parts, or high voltage/current in my projects, so this works just fine.

I bought 10 sheets of this the same day I found that link, it really seems too cheap for what you're getting, granted I'm sure the copper isn't that thick I wonder how it compares to a standard 1 or 2 ounce standard copper PCB for things higher than signal level, I think I'll use part of a sheet to get some real measurements on the thickness of each layer / insulation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back