Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to get copper filled on top layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashvat

Hi guys, I am using KiCAD for this project of mine. So I have a STM32F030R8T6 microcontroller and I made this board to make it breadboard friendly (a break out board) for prototyping, when I try to fill the top layer with copper, its not filling completely and only some places get filled. If you see, the bottom layer is full but the top layer is not completely filled with copper like the bottom layer. Let me know where I am going wrong.

Thank you

Attachments

• Prototype_1-B_Cu.pdf
    6.4 KB · Views: 216
  • Prototype_1-F_Cu.pdf
    33.3 KB · Views: 215
  • Prototype_1.pdf
    53.5 KB · Views: 227
Not familiar with kicad but it's fairly obvious that the fill can't get into the clear areas. If you reduce the through hole size it may be able to get between the pads.

Mike.

Not familiar with kicad but it's fairly obvious that the fill can't get into the clear areas. If you reduce the through hole size it may be able to get between the pads.

Mike.
I was thinking of reducing the trace width, would it help?

The keep out area or the size of the gap between pins is too big, so the fill cannot get between the pins as they are touching. Modify that and it will fill the area in.

Inq

The keep out area or the size of the gap between pins is too big, so the fill cannot get between the pins as they are touching. Modify that and it will fill the area in.

Inq
do you mean the pins for the male header or the microcontrollers pins?

See this video. At around 13:00 minutes. John does a great job showing how to get up to speed with Kicad

they can handle 0.003" traces and gaps but you are asking for 0.001mm (0.0000039"). You do realize that 0.001mm is one-micrometer, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back