Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting copper planes in proteus

Status
Not open for further replies.

okbro

hi,
I am making pcb using Proteus. I generated ground copper plane using the automatic power plane generator tool, but some area are left out as shown in the attached picture. I know how to make a copper plane in that missed area. But after having the area filled with copper plane how to connect the copper plane with the other auto generated ground plane? trying to join the areas creating a thin trace though between the component legs and outside ground plane does not work.

thanks

Attachments

• proteus.jpg
    proteus.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 454
I think you need to rename the separate region as the same track as ground.. then it will let you place tiny tracks to it.

If the planes are generated separately they have different properties.. Another way is to remove a component, generate the plane attach it via small tracks then replace the component.

Once the flood areas on both layers are defined, you would invoke via stitching command. Normally, a configuration dialogue will enable choice of via style and minimum clearance between vias and the software will then take care of via placement. Once configured, this will typically stitch the entire common area of the two planes. Hope this will help you.

Go to C1,2,3,4 and make the pads smaller so ground can get through.
Try setting the 'clearance' to smaller. The spacing between ground and pads & traces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back