Flashing Cell phone antennas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

David M

Can anyone point me in the direction of how this cell phone flashing antennas work, and how to build a working circuit. I would appreciate any help on the matte.

\thanx

The circuit contains a tuned tank with a microwawe diode,this produced DC voltage from HF.

Used to be a similar device for citizen band radio antennas, affectionatly known as "Wally Bulbs" , caused some loss of radiated power.

so.... if i had several of theese and was in close range to a cell phone tower, could i get them to light by themselves? what about charging batterys off unused cellphone frequencys?

Uhhh in theory yes, on practical level I don't know for sure.
When I was a student (many years ago) my instructor remarked that he had seen a cow shed in the north of england located near a large radio transmitter that was illuminated by this method. How true this is I have no idea, though have seen fluorescent tubes light up (all be it dimly) beneath high voltage power transmission lines. :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…