Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fishing alarm transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpun78

hi all !! im hoping that there is some one out there that can help me?
i have a not to complex back ground in electronics more than a hobby than anything but im looking to build a transmitter/reciever package for my fishing bite alarms.
there are 3 seperate alarms all digital and each 1 has a 2.5mm jack outlet to the bottom that i could use for the connection of the transmitter/s and then i just need to build the receiver.
hopefully there r a few of u that can point me in the right direction many thanks for looking

matt

Building RF stuff from scratch can be a real pain... How much distance do you need? Kind of important. 100-200 feet could be had with a simple wireless microphone circuit (tons available here and on the web), also wireless doorbells are cheap and easy to find. Those are simplest, but also kind of short range. There are wireless modules, mostly intended to be used with microcontrollers, that get longer range, but a little more complicated and expensive.

There was another thread recently, about bright LEDs for fishing. Tell me your not fishing for carp.

I've only built a few RF projects in my life, probably easier if you have the tools and equipment, but it still takes some careful tweaking to get it working.

Might search for a tracking transmitter, for like model rockets and such.

200 feet would be plenty!! i fish for all sorts but mainly carp yeah lol y u ask?
the simpler the better really do u have any suggestions/links to a mic transmitter,
cheers for answering

matt

Tell me your not fishing for carp...

:D Although he hasn't filled in his location, I'll show my ar$e on the town hall steps if he's not from the UK...

@ Matt,

are you wishing to build this project for the fun of it and have something useful at the end, or as a cost-cutting measure?

What alarms do you have?

hi mickster, wont get to c that arse on the town hall steps then lol:D
i have fox mmx alarms, but no not just for fun 1 because ive always had a interest in electronics 2 cos yes it would b cheaper but i refuse to pay such rediculous prices just for a name!! 3 if its a succes and i can make a reliable set that is compatable with different alarms then i would seriously look in to producing on a larger scale and make a product that is affordable to everyone.
hope thats answered your queries thanks for replying:rolleyes:

So, you have two sockets on the MMX's... one for the extension box and the other for illuminated swingers.

Do you know what type of signal is sent to the extension box? Is it a signal that replicates the function of the alarm, i.e. beeps/lights up on a run, then latches for 20 secs etc. or does the extension box do something else?

The power-out socket appears to be a piggy-back function of the original LED's, purely for illuminated swingers.

Do you wish to monitor the alarms - wired, or wirelessly?

If wirelessly:

How do you intend to power each wireless transmitter attached to an alarm?

How will you differentiate between multiple alarms of your own, and how will you negate any possibility of causing interference to other anglers using wireless systems?

I'll admit that I'm a bit of a tackle-tart and have the Delkim TXi Plus's with a 6ch receiver. :p

They work. And in a far superior capacity than anything I could design.

I don't want to stifle innovation or dampen your spirits of making something workable for yourself, but as you know, there are already solutions out there on the market, probably made in China or somewhere else with cheap labour, that will be a complete package for less money than you could source the individual components for.

Carping over here is big business, but unless you come up with something totally new that blows the competition out of the water, so to speak, you'll just be offering another vanilla product of which there are many already established models available.

A little something to think about... I hope you can prove me wrong though. ;)

cheers mickster some very valid points there all of which i take on board
i was thinkin of a stand alone reciever a bit like the fox txr system that has leads to all three or 4 alarms the power out is mainly for illuminated swingers but they also flash when a bit is indicated i beleive also they latch for 20 seconds as well as for the sound out jack im not 100% how that works and have been unable to find any info about then apart from ripping my alarm apart which is a big no no !!:eek: its really more at the moment for making something thats reliable and cheap for any one to buy but i have ideas in the pipe line that r really probably over kill and more gimicks than anything for instance a mini solar cell built in to the alarm for tricle charging the battery as we all know they r quite expensive more may be gimicks than anything but may be worth a shot but again its more about makin some thing thats aford able to everyone and if it dosent take off then i would have enjoyed the challenge and would end up with a working protoype myself:) ive found a company that makes a small transmitter reciever kit that can be activated by a transistor switch set up grounded to the main board and activated by a voltage in put do u think that this would be compatible with the sort of voltage these alarms give out? also i dont no wether you would b able to help but on the receiver side how or what could i do to to mimic the sound of the alarm? would i have to have a chip with it programmed on to the then build a seperat circuit to wire into the receiver output? thanks again for answering i no alot of these things just sound like hair brain ideas i appreciate u takin the time to reply:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back