Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

First PCB: Stepper Motor Controller (PIC16F84A & ULN 2003)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugurtha

Here are some pictures of the first board
View attachment 63338

View attachment 63339

I then found out how smart I was. I had the tactile switch's connection (push-button) wrong: As to which pin is connected to which other pin, I "assumed" a certain thing and you get reminded that "Assumption is the mother of all ...".

So I changed the connections, and it was for the best. I changed the layout and made the buttons each next to the other which is nice.

And here's the result:

View attachment 63340

View attachment 63341

View attachment 63342

View attachment 63343

The project files (ASM, SCH, BRD, Libraries etc...) are in the .rar attachment:

It isn't populated yet. The varnish is kind of nice. The board isn't perfectly done though: Some holes aren't perfectly aligned and the board wasn't cut perfectly (they aren't exact 90° angles), plus when it was cut, there's a plastic deformation in one of the edges (hardly noticeable, but you can see by the reflection of light when you tilt it and look closely).

It was done by a small shop in Jolie Vue, Kouba, Algiers. I had never heard of them before some guy at an electronics shop gave me their number after a ****-chat.

(In case some dude from Algiers reads this several years from now, the shop/company is called Almitec.. They don't have a website.. Well, they do but it sucks .. It still has got the "lorem ipsum". Just take their number and call, don't bother online...)

I'll give it maybe a note of 90%. It cost about $5 , I gave them the EAGLE .brd file and they handled everything else.

Thanks for guys who've helped a lot with great feedback: Hans, 3v0, Ronsimpson, Inquisitive, Tt, Derstrom, Hayato, J Wilder, Microman, and others I didn't mention and whom I bothered with lots of questions to do it well.

UPDATE: It is partly populated, and I uploaded the libraries I used (those which have components with fat pads, etc) and the corrected SCH & BRD. Plus I uploaded the images here instead of Mediafire.

Last edited:
hi JH,
Looks good to me, professional looking work.

E.

Great first board Jugurtha. No 90 degree corners, nice triangular fillets on the T junctions, solid ground pour. Excellent!

Hi Jugurtha,

very nice and clean layout. Congratulations

For the next one use an ULN2803. It can double the output power by connecting 2 channels in parallel.

Regards

Hans

Last edited:
Jugurtha,

Nice work. Onward ever onward. Keep us posted.

Nice clean board, good job :)

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.. The result shows how a newbie can learn to do relatively well when in contact with great people. Stuff just rubs on you. Thank you all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back