Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Field strength RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark

How does Field strength meter lock into a particular frequency to check its field strength . Say If I intend to use a Log amplifier then how the meter would detect dB level a desired frequency of interest , 315MHz in present case.

-Adi

Does it will matter if the received signal strength is encoded as FHSS /FSK/OOK . Any direction/links for building a tuned FSM .

Thanks

If you look in amateur radio literature or publications you'll find numerous field strength meter designs however many are untuned. Dip meters (or what used to be called grid-dip meters) often have a switch to turn off the oscillator and allow use as a tuned sensing meter -- which might serve your needs. As with the FSM there's stuff in amateur radio publications.

It may be possible to use a receiver with an S meter - possibly adding an attenuator to prevent overload.

Hi , Please Please help me with this , TDA5210 FSK receiver which provides peak detection output. This could provide lograthmic data as I could tune this Receiver IC to the desired frequency . Please confirm this ,if ok.

Thanks
-Adi

Yes, the TDA5210 could be used as a king of field strength meter.
However, in your first post you state that your frequency of interest is 315Mhz, the TDA5210 operates at 400 or 800Mhz (ish).
So, it does not cover your frequency range.

JimB

Yes, the TDA5210 could be used as a king of field strength meter.
However, in your first post you state that your frequency of interest is 315Mhz, the TDA5210 operates at 400 or 800Mhz (ish).
So, it does not cover your frequency range.

JimB

Thanks , I also require for 433MHz , I will use similarly for 315MHz with its corresponding part .

Can I get reliable RSSI with AGC turned on?as a flat response creeps in, or one has to turn off the AGC for TDA5210.

-Adi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back