Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FET's

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananasiong

Can I know about FET's? I mean the usage and how to use it.
As i know, BJT is used to control the current flowing from the collector to emitter by the current at the base. While the FET is used to control the voltage from the drain to source by the voltage at the gate, right?

Is there any more differences?

I see there are a few types of FET: JFET, MOSFET...
And, many of them said that it is easier to switch the DC motor using FET, as well as H-Bridge..

I've tried googling, but still do know much about that.

thanks.

DC motor control circuit (VVVF) can be done using different types of Electronic switches such as SCR, BJT... etc. the motor Kw decides which is butter to use. Recent VVVF units used IGBT, which have both advantages of BJT and FET. This makes it easy to drive them using low power Base Drive Circuitry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back