Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using fet's for car blower (10a)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skmdmasud

Hi..
i am plannig to build a pwm uC based blower speed controller for my car which has a 5 point switch at the moment. I did my uC pwn coding which seems to be fine. I am having trouble selecting a FET which will be driven by the uC. My uC gives 0.625v stepping totaling to 8 steps to 5V. I selected 2 fets based on price and availability

1. IRFZ44N -- http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irfz44n.pdf
2. IRF540N -- http://www.irf.com/product-info/datasheets/data/irf540n.pdf

I dont understand whether they are N channel or P channel from the datasheet? also what is the Saturation V of the FETs ? I understand they can both handle 20V max in their gate which will be ok in my case and handle over 30A.

Good to see all new interface of electro-tech-online...great work:)

Hi..
i am plannig to build a pwm uC based blower speed controller for my car which has a 5 point switch at the moment. I did my uC pwn coding which seems to be fine. I am having trouble selecting a FET which will be driven by the uC. My uC gives 0.625v stepping totaling to 8 steps to 5V. I selected 2 fets based on price and availability

What do you mean by "0.625V stepping" - PWM outputs varying pulse widths, not voltages - and it's VERY important that the output device is fully switched ON and OFF, and not operating in a linear manner.

What do you mean by "0.625V stepping" - PWM outputs varying pulse widths, not voltages - and it's VERY important that the output device is fully switched ON and OFF, and not operating in a linear manner.
Hi..
sorry i dont know the technical terms. By stepping i mean my high frequency to low frequency changing states. with the pwm at high frequency i get 0.625v when measures by a volt meter and as i decrease the frequency my V increases. If i connect a led its brightness increases when i change the PWM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back