Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explain how this circuit can actually work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

I have been holding off building this circuit it seems like a waste of time. Current takes the path of less resistance, current will go out both choke coils at the same time. Am I wrong? What am I missing?

100_6152.JPG

I'd expect it to probably be less effective and less efficient than a centre tap plus single choke one, but otherwise operate in a fairly similar way.

The choke / chokes are AC limiting and commutation; in this version at least each has an alternating voltage across it once oscillation starts, so saturation should not be as bad.

If you think about it, until the centre tap version starts oscillating [assuming it does] the current is divided both ways from the centre tap to the two sides of the oscillator.

I don't trust any of that general style to work really well, as both FETs will be partly on at each changeover, so taking more current than needed. That's why the choke is there, to limit the power dissipation during the brief crossover current spikes.

I think the big clue from that schematic is "noob heater". "

No parasitic values, no DCR values, no p/n or BOM list, no layout: I suggest " Not recommended as shown.

The cross-coupled feedback gate commutation with Vcc to centre tap is the preferred method.

But if you want to create ozone arcs ... http://boginjr.com/electronics/hv/zvs/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back