Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Evil Storm This Way Comes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode out Hugo in '89 right on the harbour.

Best thing I learned was to be very, VERY far away from a hurricane...

Cat1, cat5, makes no difference. I will be NOT be there.

Stay safe, MrAl, and all the others in harms way.

You take care and hunker down there MrAl. Kathy and I will be thinking of all you peoples in harms way so please take care and know our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ron

You take care and hunker down there MrAl. Kathy and I will be thinking of all you peoples in harms way so please take care and know our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Ron

Same thoughts from me. Stay strong MrAl. You are a good guy.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Things are starting to pick up here in Boston. Just had a few strong gusts of wind, and it's raining a little harder. As I'm typing this I keep hearing the wind howl through the alley between my building and the one next door.

So far though, it's very pleasant. The weather is beautiful, in my opinion. Just hope it doesn't cause much damage.

Things are starting to pick up here in Boston. Just had a few strong gusts of wind, and it's raining a little harder. As I'm typing this I keep hearing the wind howl through the alley between my building and the one next door.

So far though, it's very pleasant. The weather is beautiful, in my opinion. Just hope it doesn't cause much damage.

How are you doing Matt?

Very happy about the Tesla Museum fundraising outcome.....I hope Boston does not get hit too hard with the Weather and all now.

Stay well

tvtech

Last edited:
Best of luck to everyone that's touched by this, my family is in western MA. I've been at work all day and haven't heard from them. No news is good news..

How are you doing Matt?

Very happy about the Tesla Museum fundraising outcome.....I hope Boston does not get hit too hard with the Weather and all now.

Stay well

tvtech

Doing great tvtech, thanks for asking :) I'll stay safe--don't worry.

Best of luck to everyone that's touched by this, my family is in western MA. I've been at work all day and haven't heard from them. No news is good news..

I'm sure they're okay. Things aren't too bad yet. Might just be a power outage or something, but it's nothing to worry about, i'm sure.

I did just hear a loud crash just outside my apartment. I looked out and all I saw was a thin piece of plywood in the middle of the road. I think it hit a dumpster out there, which is what made the crash. I'm hearing a few strong gusts of wind, but it'll take a lot more than that to get me worried! :D

Hi again,

Thanks Ron and tvtech for the nice thoughts. Ron it's especially good to hear from you again i was beginning to wonder if you were ok or what and the state of Kathy's medical condition these days...i hope everything is going well...prayers out to you both as always.

It's picking up a little here in central NJ but so far it's not too bad. It's unfortunate though that the news says it will get worse this evening. There are some strong gusts right now but gee they are pretty far apart. So i'll have to see how it plays out, no way to tell how it is going to go right now. I've been watching the advanced hydrological prediction and it is following the assumed course and that seems to suggest that the model is accurate and that the town wont flood or maybe just mild flooding. Luckily i am on higher ground then most in this town but when the town gets flooded that ceases all activity until they can get past inspections and cleanup and all that. With Katrina it took two or three months to get back to business as usual. And of course the power outages are a real pain.

Well take care for now and good luck to everyone else in the storm's path too...

yeah stay safe, and matt dont go flying kites outside with keys attached!!! its been done before no need to go try it again ;)

yeah stay safe, and matt dont go flying kites outside with keys attached!!! its been done before no need to go try it again ;)

Thanks G-man :) There's no lightning, so a key on a kite string would be somewhat pointless. Was thinking of going windsurfing, though.... :D

At some point I'd like to replicate Franklin's experiment (his real one, not the romanticized one). Now's not the time though.

Stay safe folks!

Thanks G-man :) There's no lightning, so a key on a kite string would be somewhat pointless. Was thinking of going windsurfing, though.... :D

At some point I'd like to replicate Franklin's experiment (his real one, not the romanticized one). Now's not the time though.

Stay safe folks!

Actually with you holding the key? :p

We are still fine here in PA. The lights have gone off a few times and came back. Not sure how much longer I will have internet.

Looks like it is in Mr. Al's back yard right now.
Stay safe.

maybe learn how to swim is the first and most important thing to do.lol, after all , we all have to cope with such natural disaster.best wishes!!

The eye is over my location about now. Wind causing power outages will be the issue for the next 12 hours or so. So far just one brief power outage.

I had some issues with outside drainage like leaves under a gate. I had to add some stone in a couple of areas. On a good note, a bilge pump in a window well I used during Hurricane Irene wasn't turned on and the sump pump rarely turned on. Drainage still needs work, but with some active diversions, I'm pleased. No water in the house. Back yard is soggy.

Philadelphia is reporting an interesting phenomenon: the smell of salty air (Atlantic Ocean) in the air.

You East Coasters are wimps. You would never survive in Minnesota, either Dakota, or Hays, KS.

Yep. Around here roofs are designed to hold at lest 4 feet of wet snow and stand up to 100 MPH winds as regular seasonal events. That and insulated to handle long periods of cold that makes your typical deep freeze look like a nice warm winter day!

Floods what floods? If streets aren't flowing like rivers at least 2 feet deep we don't even bother blocking them off to traffic! We just call that a good under body wash system! ;)

We lost power at 8:18 Monday night. Our Power company says it may be untill the 5th when we get it back.
No rain or flooding but lots of wind.
We will get by with all our camping gear.
Hope alls well with the rest of you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back