Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ETO Very Slow to Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Over the past day or two I have noticed loading speed of the site has significantly decreased. It's painfully slow to switch to another page, and trying to retrieve alerts (hovering over the "Inbox" or "Alerts" buttons) is practically useless.

Anyone else having this issue, or just me?

Thanks,
Matt

Funny, as soon as I posted this it seems to have sped up a bit. Guess we'll see if the issue comes back....

Yes, this past two days or so I have had a couple of similar experiences.

Slow loading
or
Not loading at all.

Then it returns to normal.

JimB

Same here- very slow in all respects and some times completely hanging. In that case the only solution is to log off, close Firefox and start all over again. This morning at 7am UK ETO would not load and I had to have about five attempts to get in then it was very slow. 10 minutes later ETO was back to normal speed. But throughout the day it would slow right down again from time to time.

spec

Chrome and I, had a few ETO slow starts and page changes last couple of days . better now....

yeah was real slow earlier. I accidentally replied the same thing like 4x on one thread because nothing ever happened when I clicked "Post Reply"

yeah was real slow earlier. I accidentally replied the same thing like 4x on one thread because nothing ever happened when I clicked "Post Reply"
I had that problem too: try to post and ETO hangs. close down and try to post again- no go. Log out. log in and find duplicate posts.

2016_02_17 At 6am UK fine until 8am; then total freeze. By 8:30 am OK again

spec

actually , over the past month or 2 I have seen page get requests timeout, it is infrequent but once or twice a day when i click a link it will just sit there and not load anything, so for a fix i press stop, then click the link again and it pops up instantly as is more usual.... happens on both my networks....that have no other problems...

yes slow at times, avatar images are extent usually slow to load from my view point. And initial refresh hangs until apply stop page then retry.

:Edit:
As for this end, I use a phone through Wifi at distance from the connections, I all ways pass it off as that being the potential issue for any site loading, thus as for no append to notice of any problems via the Forum itself (here) not mentioned prior as to my connection method used.

Last edited:
I have tried everything when ETO freezes (all other sites worldwide are OK) but no success.

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back