Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ETO Frozen

Status
Not open for further replies.

spec

Most Helpful Member
Has anybody else noticed that on Sunday morning, from around 5am to 5:30am GMT, the ETO site is frozen? Is this due to housekeeping on the site?

spec

It was frozen for about five min just about ten min ago...

:cool: Thanks. That is why we both managed to double post.

Your experience confirms that it is a site thing rather than being down to a communications restriction.

I have noticed that most Sunday mornings (in the UK) the site is frozen for a few minutes.

spec

One thing that would be beneficial is to have the post times in GMT. Then some won't wonder why they don't get an answer within microseconds, nay, attoseconds of their post.

One thing that would be beneficial is to have the post times in GMT. Then some won't wonder why they don't get an answer within microseconds, nay, attoseconds of their post.
Yes GMT time on ETO throughout would be good. In the UK at the moment we are on GMT + 1Hr (British Summer Time), so 5am to 5:30am is actually 6am to 6:30am.

It would also be good (IMHO) if the dates and times on ETO (and all other sites) were absolute rather than, 'a few minutes ago', 'yesterday' etc etc.

spec

Today, from 7am GMT until 2pm GMT, ETO was not usable- it took a long time to load the main page and then froze.

Most days now, ETO is extremely slow from around 4am GMT until around 6:30am GMT.

I tried, Firefox, Chrome, and Edge browsers and it was the same but other sites, including forums, all loaded normally at full speed.

I suspect that some form of ETO site maintenance is causing the problem.

spec

Last edited:
Hi spec,
Yes. I had the same problem. I was using Firefox on the PC and Chromium on a Raspberry Pi 2 (I don't know if Chromium has any connection with Chrome.)

Les.

Hi spec,
Yes. I had the same problem. I was using Firefox on the PC and Chromium on a Raspberry Pi 2 (I don't know if Chromium has any connection with Chrome.)

Les.
Thanks for confirming Les.:)

spec

Yep!! Me four!!

I just left it and played a game.... About 30 minutes later it was up and running..
Thanks to you too Ian - I did a circuit on another forum (that should not be mentioned) while ETO was down.:D

One symptom, when ETO is running slowly, is that you tend to get double posts.

spec

One symptom, when ETO is running slowly, is that you tend to get double posts.

spec

If your smart, you'll realize the slowness and will take measures to avoid double posts. IT kinda posts without giving you a confirmation, but sometimes it doesn't. So, you copy your reply to the clipboard and reload or wait and reload. Then either, repost or wait and repost or correct. I was editing when the weirdness happened. No double-posts for me.

If your smart, you'll realize the slowness and will take measures to avoid double posts. IT kinda posts without giving you a confirmation, but sometimes it doesn't. So, you copy your reply to the clipboard and reload or wait and reload. Then either, repost or wait and repost or correct. I was editing when the weirdness happened. No double-posts for me.
?

؟

So, OK, you notice that ETO is slow.

What you don't know is IF your post posted after you submitted your post.

Pretend it didn't and copy the post to the clipboard.

Refresh the page to see if your post posted. If it did, your done.

If it didn't, your post was saved on the clipboard.....

؟

So, OK, you notice that ETO is slow.

What you don't know is IF your post posted after you submitted your post.

Pretend it didn't and copy the post to the clipboard.

Refresh the page to see if your post posted. If it did, your done.

If it didn't, your post was saved on the clipboard.....

:) Sometimes I have a few posts on the go at the same time, often with images/schematics and the procedure you describe would be impossibly convoluted even if you could tell when ETO has/is about to freeze. I am also doing other things: listening to the missus, watching TV, having a beer, inventing an over unity machine...

But the issue on this thread is the fact that ETO freezes, not how to work around the freezes, I am afraid to say.:)

spec

We agree. ETO slows down. I generally only have one thread with active typing, many may be opened. So, I can avoid double-posts unless I'm on my antique Cell phone which sometimes I think has a rotary dial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back