Etching Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Just got my hands on a fax/copy machine. If i go buy some transparency film sheets. Would i be able to use this to iron onto my boards?

My Fax/Copier name/model is : Canon Cfx-l4000 any info would be appreciated

Again etching

Hi,

I wouldn't try ironing normal transparencies onto the PCB. There are special transparencies for laser printers which can stand some heat, but I doubt that there will be deep dark toner on the PCB after ironing.

If the fax machine uses heat sensitive paper there won't be anything on the transparency.

Boncuk

I actually tried it on a magazine page and it printed on it ok . Now just gota get a iron i guess lol.

I live in US, NYC NY. Anyone know of a local store with in like Brooklyn, Queens and NYC where i can get these special transparencies.

Also what other type of paper can i use to transfer onto besides those 2?
Like can i use glossy or something?

For example will staples sell this? How about office max? (please no online sources)

Would this be good?
Staples or better yet this

Last edited:
For better results I suggest you use the special paper from PulsarProFx.com. It is coated with starch. The starch disolves in water and released the toner 100%. It comes in packages of ten sheets for $15. You can make a lot of boards froma single sheet.

You can buy it from DigiKey or Mouser.

Others like P&P blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…