Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Etching Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Just got my hands on a fax/copy machine. If i go buy some transparency film sheets. Would i be able to use this to iron onto my boards?

My Fax/Copier name/model is : Canon Cfx-l4000 any info would be appreciated

Again etching

Hi,

I wouldn't try ironing normal transparencies onto the PCB. There are special transparencies for laser printers which can stand some heat, but I doubt that there will be deep dark toner on the PCB after ironing.

If the fax machine uses heat sensitive paper there won't be anything on the transparency.

Boncuk

I actually tried it on a magazine page and it printed on it ok . Now just gota get a iron i guess lol.

I live in US, NYC NY. Anyone know of a local store with in like Brooklyn, Queens and NYC where i can get these special transparencies.

Also what other type of paper can i use to transfer onto besides those 2?
Like can i use glossy or something?

For example will staples sell this? How about office max? (please no online sources)

Would this be good?
Staples or better yet this

Last edited:
For better results I suggest you use the special paper from PulsarProFx.com. It is coated with starch. The starch disolves in water and released the toner 100%. It comes in packages of ten sheets for $15. You can make a lot of boards froma single sheet.

You can buy it from DigiKey or Mouser.

Others like P&P blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back