Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESD

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

Hi all,

What's the meaning of ESD?
Is it " Electrostatic discharge"?
Where can i get all the information for ESD?
Pls advise.
Thanks.

shermaine said:
Hi all,

What's the meaning of ESD?
Is it " Electrostatic discharge"?
Where can i get all the information for ESD?
Pls advise.
Thanks.
Well...like Bogdan said, you got it right. But ALL the information about ESD would be a pretty exhausting physics and materials research project. All the help I can really give is to assume that you need ESD protection for something you're working on. In that case:

http://www.contacteast.com/product/catlist.cfm?cat=DB47D208-0C85-11D4-A60C009027AFC798

:)

there is a company that produces these devices, it is called sumida remtech corporation devices, but i dont know its website. do some googling....

here it is

hi,

there are two kind of charges, 1. the static( not running), running that is an current when charged particles are running under effect of some electric field. when charge is static it causese to form a electric field around it. by physics we know , under a field every point has a potential. when ever the permiablity of surrounding is not enough to keep this charge isolated from other things it causes a discharge through the surrounding called as electro ststic discharge.

abhishek

Hello,

Is there any difference between pink and black ESD bags?
Pls advise.
and how do we go abt selecting the type of esd bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back