Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric Solar Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrolives

I want to understand what is the reason for this circuit and each part of it? Can you explain this?

Attachments

• elec_solar.jpg
    elec_solar.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 261
I don't know where you got that example from but it is totally unworkable and not worth spending any time upon!
More practicable and working examples can be found on several silicon manufacturers websites such as ST, Microchip etc

I want to understand what is the reason for this circuit and each part of it? Can you explain this?
With out commenting on "the circuit"; The question is "reason why?". "Explain".

The point of the circuit is to take DC and make AC.
Solar power is DC. Direct Current. Like a car battery.
"Grid" power, like from a wall out let is AC. Alternating Current. It switches + and -, 60 or 50 time a second.
The parts "MOS1....MOS4" are like switches. Then can be on or off.
For a short time MOS1 and MOS4 are on while 2 & 3 are off. This connects the (+) side of the power (see red lines).
For a different short time MOS2 & MOS3 are on and connect (-) to the power line (see blue lines).

Another way to say it. Put the battery across the power line for a short time, remove the battery, turn it arround, put it back across the power line. (DC is switched around to make AC)

1552515410876.png

I hope this helps. Very simple answer. It is a little more complicated that the simple answer.
Please ask more questions.

Note that it is the "Controller" that determines the frequency and firing of the gate voltages. If trying to sync to the actual power line, the controller would also be measuring the grid frequency and phase to make sure it feeds power to the grid in sync with the mains.

With out commenting on "the circuit"; The question is "reason why?". "Explain".

Solar power is DC. Direct Current. Like a car battery.
"Grid" power, like from a wall out let is AC. Alternating Current. It switches + and -, 60 or 50 time a second.
The parts "MOS1....MOS4" are like switches. Then can be on or off.
For a short time MOS1 and MOS4 are on while 2 & 3 are off. This connects the (+) side of the power (see red lines).
For a different short time MOS2 & MOS3 are on and connect (-) to the power line (see blue lines).

Another way to say it. Put the battery across the power line for a short time, remove the battery, turn it arround, put it back across the power line. (DC is switched around to make AC)

View attachment 117148
I hope this helps. Very simple answer. It is a little more complicated that the simple answer.
Please ask more questions.
I think this is the appreciable way to make us understand why circuit happens. Thanks for sharing this your ideas with an informative illustration
*Link deleted...*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back