Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric Gate Project (keypad, stop switch, timers etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxygen454

I am making a electric gate project and need all the help I can get.

One thing I need to build is a key pad with about 3 codes that can be programmed in it. I remember building a simple one back in highschool but I have not found the diagrams yet.

The other is how to make the gate know where to stop when it opens, how to make it pause and then close and know where to stop once again. Some kind of timer and stop switch circuit.

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks!
Chris

most gates I have seen use current to know when to stop. Once the gate hits the stoppers the motor current increases, same way electric windows open on auto.

Hmm thats an interesting idea. What would the schematic for that be? Like what parts would work to make it work like that? Im guessing the current gets to a curtain amount and then turns off?

oxygen454 said:
Hmm thats an interesting idea. What would the schematic for that be? Like what parts would work to make it work like that? Im guessing the current gets to a curtain amount and then turns off?

I guess you could use an op amp across a load resistor, just adjust to suit the size gate and motors you are using.

Hmm cool will have to figure out what kind of op amp to use now. I know a bit about dc low voltage but not much about AC voltage. Would kinda like to learn all about AC.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back