elecrtonics newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt very much you can get a program to read that chip unless amtel have a evaluation package for it (unless you work for a big electronics company you will not get it as a sample). It is the sort of component that is part of an electronic device not stand alone, so 3rd party software most likley does not exist for it.

Just say you did get to read the chip you would see something like this:

and so on........

This will only really make sense to IBM as they are the one who put the data there in the first place.

If you are thinking about sending the data to this web site then I guess its a gamble on if you stuff up the eeprom and/or if this place is a rip off or not. Just add up the $$ on parts for the reader, your time and his fee and ask your self if you are willing to gamble that over the cost of a new mother board.

If it was my TP I would have a go with what this web site suggested if the cost of a new mother board was over $300.

One warning though is that the hardest part will be soldering to that surface mounted chip, I have been soldering surface mounted chips for years and if you have not done much in the way of soldering then I suggest you practice a lot before attempting it.

ok, i apreciate everyone's help (even the people that avoided the issue about electronics and tried to give me computer solutions) but i just now won an auction for a used motherboard for this laptop for $56 after shipping. this equals to the price the guy was charging for his service on that website and is much safer in my eyes. i thought about doing this for fun (and education) after i fixed it, but i figure what's the point. so i guess this is the last post i'll have to make here. once again, thanx to everyone that helped (and tried to help)

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…