Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ecg telemetry through RF transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohankumar

hi :D ,

i am doing a project in biotelmetry. my requirement is to transmit ECG - electro cardiogram signals from body to a distant place through RF methods. I have finished the ECG aquisition part.

I have an idea of transmitting the ECG signals in digital formate through RF means. i have a confusion :roll: on which tranmitter and receiver module to choose, the transfer rate required for perfect transmission( kb/s ?) .
can anyone give an IDEA :idea: abt the ways in which ecg heart signals can be wirelessly transmitted.

byeee

I volunteered to do my regular workouts in a cardiac rehab center so that they could collect data on a relatively healthy person. As a part of that I wore a multi-lead monitor that transmitted the data, wirelessly, to the central monitoring station. That was 6 or 8 years ago and the equipment appeared to be well used and generic. I have no idea if it was analog or digital. The point is that you might borrow from what others have already done and use that to advance your ideas. I think what I used was called a Holter monitor.

When I used to go the gym, many of the machines had heart monitors, activated by holding sensors - but they also had wireless connections for wrist watch monitors. Apparently these are fairly standard devices, they fit on your wrist like a watch and display your heart beat on the watch face. But they also transmit the data in a standard format which the gym machines can receive and display.

mohankumar said:
hi :D ,

i am doing a project in biotelmetry. my requirement is to transmit ECG - electro cardiogram signals from body to a distant place through RF methods. I have finished the ECG aquisition part.

I have an idea of transmitting the ECG signals in digital formate through RF means. i have a confusion :roll: on which tranmitter and receiver module to choose, the transfer rate required for perfect transmission( kb/s ?) .
can anyone give an IDEA :idea: abt the ways in which ecg heart signals can be wirelessly transmitted.

byeee

Hello!

can you share with us your schematics of the ECG part?
thats very interesting!

greetings
asena

Hey mohankumar..

I'm doin nearly the same thing....but my sensors are heart beat detection and temperature...
I'm using an RF module to transmit to a local PC for data plotting...you can try searching www.rfsolutions.co.uk for RF modules...
As asena said, mind sharing the ECG circuit? If the circuit is yr own research then don't post it here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back