Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eagle text

Status
Not open for further replies.
i enjoy this stuff though, gives me something else to do. and i can say "i did it all myself" lol.

So am I understanding you correctly, that you add the crosshairs just so that you can scrape them off later? :D

no, they appear on the layout editor for the board, i can remove all the other crosshairs like on the componants but the text ones i can't.

no, they appear on the layout editor for the board, i can remove all the other crosshairs like on the componants but the text ones i can't.

Ahh, I get it! Hmm, I wonder why it shows the crosshairs on the text... :confused:

Wow, your entire thread just started making sense to me now :D

thx john. i will deffenantly give that a try , thanks all.

that did work thanks again

Last edited:
DerStrom9,
i request for help

other day i had changed pads with holls filled. on my 5.11.0 version.
this was needed to make a solder mask. later i forgot how i did and now i am unable to normal that. please advise me. thanks

Did you fill them with drill-aid ulp or are there simply no holes?

If drill-aid, go to the proper layer and delete.

If no holes, then options>settings>misc>display mode>real>ok

"settings" may be just "set..."

John

Last edited:
Schematic or board layout - those "pesky" little little crosses are reference marks for the reference point of the label they are affixed to. They are generated to make moving texts (names and values) around for a neat schematic and PCB layout). Click anywhere close to them and you'll have the appropriate text "hanging" at your mouse.

Instead of getting into endless (and fruitless) discussions you should make a paper print of both and tell us if those "pesky" little crosses are contained in the prints.

That does not include disabling layer23 (tOrigins) and layer24(bOrigins)

Boncuk

Last edited:
Thanks John.
the second option thro 'options' works. I did change here, but in a period of time forgot.

by the way, what is the actual way to produce a solder mask for the concerned layer , with little more margin than actual dimension of holes/pads? I need to make a PDF of such file. Ofcourse i need to still learn a lot of ULP, CAM, Gerber and many more such.

Again, great many thanks , John.

Last edited:
i would like an upload of one such file to be able understand that pesky hairlines issue. i was always thinking of the smashed names" that have a cross across each name.

OP can upload a .brd file and perhaps he could get a faster solution.

Last edited:
So I know this is super dead, and super old, but this may be helpful to someone googling this like I was. The crosshairs are to make manipulating the position of the text easier, and it will show up in everything including a printed copy of the board design, even if only the top layer (or whatever layer the text is on) is visible. But, if you export the image of your board design (like I do when I'm doing a photo-resist mask) the text is pure. Included are pics of the before and after of the image export. Sorry for resurrecting this super dead thread, but I hope this helps someone!
board.png
relay board.png

Sorry for resurrecting this super dead thread, but I hope this helps someone!
No problem.

Good information, thankyou and welcome to ETO.

JimB

Interesting. I don't think I've ever had this issue, and I print text in copper layers fairly often.
Certainly, the text handles aren't in the tOrigins or bOrigins layer and still show up when those layers are off, but they don't show up if I use the image export, print to file, or print it on the printer.
I'm currently using 5.0.0 in Wine, so I would expect to be more likely to replicate such an old issue. I don't recall having this issue when I used the native linux version either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back