Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eagle text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe G

is there a way to remove those pesky little crosshairs that appear on the board next to the text.
or am i missing something? i usually just scratch them off before etching, but occasionally
I miss one or two.
thanks

Yes, click on the "layers" icon and un-highlight the "tOrigins" and "bOrigins". This should hide them for you.

Last edited:
thanks, but I tried that already, i just had the top and bottom layers showing, the text is on the top layer so it shows as copper after etching.

please use layes and tick 'none'. Then start selecting 'pads' , ' vias' and either 'top' or 'bottom' as applicable to you.

it works clean for you. all the best.

Last edited:
Hi
Joe G is right. you can remove these little cross-hairs by setting in 'layers' icon.Further you can take help from the given link.

**broken link removed**

There is a difference between the crosshairs that note the center of the part, those are in Torigin layer. The crosshairs for smashed labels and values are a different beast, and I am not even sure how you got them to show on the print.

thanks all, i'll keep playing around w/ it and maybe i'll get it. if so. i'll update this thread for all :)

thanks all, i'll keep playing around w/ it and maybe i'll get it. if so. i'll update this thread for all :)

So what exactly is it you're trying to do? The crosshairs show the origins of the components, whether smashed or otherwise. Turning off that layer removes them all on my designs....?

You seem to be talking about the schematic, while some of the people here were referring to the board. As for the schematic, once you smash a component, you are stuck with the origins for the name and value. You can , of course, delete them.

If you click on the "I" icon (information), you can un-smash the component, and the names and values resume their default locations without origins.

John

Last edited:
You seem to be talking about the schematic, while some of the people here were referring to the board.

I was referring to the board since that is what he said in his first post:

is there a way to remove those pesky little crosshairs that appear on the board next to the text.

Would be a good catch if you're right....

Last edited:
No criticism intended. Frankly, I don't know what the OP is doing etching a board with the names and values showing.

John

No criticism intended. Frankly, I don't know what the OP is doing etching a board with the names and values showing.

John

Nope, none taken. I understood your meaning :)

I can understand having the names showing, but that's not usually done in copper. I only put them on my boards if I am having them professionally done, and they can be printed on. I would probably recommend against etching them, though.

Last edited:
BTW, I didn't mean that there is never a reason to etch some information. Sometimes, I will add an orientation mark. I also put my logo in the copper, usually as a negative as explained here many months ago. What I meant was simply that it seems none of us really understand what the OP is trying to do. Or conversely, he doesn't understand the correct information that has been given to him about origins on the board.

John

Last edited:
thats what i was doing. I put the microchip no. and a monagram on the board. So when its done etching. those 2 or more names are in copper. then when i'm done
i clear coat it. I thing it just looks cool to me having some of the names and such on the board in the shiny coppey.

thats what i was doing. I put the microchip no. and a monagram on the board. So when its done etching. those 2 or more names are in copper. then when i'm done
i clear coat it. I thing it just looks cool to me having some of the names and such on the board in the shiny coppey.

Ah, I understand now. But what's wrong with hiding the tOrigin and bOrigin layer to get rid of the crosshairs? I guess I don't quite understand what the problem was with that.....

here is a picture of one. and i only had the top,bottom,via, and pads on.View attachment 62384

this one had the pic type, and my monogram, a prototype

Okay, but is that in response to my previous post, or just an example of what you're doing? Perhaps I'm just not thinking straight tonight.... :D

just an example. sometimes i etch other names or pin id's onto the board. and every so often i miss scratching a crosshair off and when i'm checking the tracks i
sometimes find one i miss and have to dig it off. i guess i should really find a differant way to do some of the smaller labels then etching them in.

just an example. sometimes i etch other names or pin id's onto the board. and every so often i miss scratching a crosshair off and when i'm checking the tracks i
sometimes find one i miss and have to dig it off. i guess i should really find a differant way to do some of the smaller labels then etching them in.

Ah, got it. Well as I've said, you can turn off just the layer that shows the crosshairs, so they won't show up on the boards (I think--I've never etched my own PCBs, to be honest :p)

i enjoy this stuff though, gives me something else to do. and i can say "i did it all myself" lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back