Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eagle cad pcb help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aruna1

Hi I designed and routed a custom PIC board based on 18F452.
before printing on a transparent sheet i printed it on a A4 sheet,but distance between pins are smaller than actual size of the PIC.that is i cant place 18F452 on pads of footprint,foot print is smaller than actual 18F452.
since i don't have a printer i first printed it with adobe printer to a pdf file and then printed it to a paper at my friends place,i didn't do any resizing on pdf file.i just printed it with actual size.
can someone help me with this?
i have attached all relevant files here

Attachments

• sch and brd files.zip
    74.5 KB · Views: 109
  • 18F452..pdf
    31.3 KB · Views: 170
Hi aruna1,

I suggest to install Eagle at your friend's PC and print PCB layouts directly from Eagle.

Even scaling a PDF file it will just be accurate for one axis since you can't use different scale factors for X and Y.

Your schematic is extemely hard to read because you drew nets through ICs. Addionally it looks ugly.

Is the power consumption of the PIC you're using somewhere in the KW range? A trace width of 1.016mm is really not necessary.

I reworked your PCB layout. It was too large to modify as the size restriction is 100X80mm for the free (light) version.

Don't use 90 degree bends when routing since they will cause problems when etching the board. I omitted 45 and 135degree angles at T-junctions which I recommend to draw there.

Boncuk

Attachments

• 18F452-I..zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back