Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Duck shoot project for a-level...any help from u brainz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subzero_x22

*im a beginner* Thank you to all those who replyed to my previous message, but i feel i havnt been clear enough in it ------*EXPANSION*---- using a bread board i am to make a duck shoot game where i have a 7segment LED, a 10 bar LED and a button. When power is applied the 10 bar LED would light up and run from left to right continuously, the aim of the game is u have to press the LED when a certain bar on the 10 bar LED is lit, if you hit the target 1 is displayed on the 7 Segment LED and so on (depending on how many times u hit the target). Now can anyone give me any pointers as to what circuits are to be mde and how i can make them. Thankyou :lol:

'hello, i have a duck shoot project that has to be handed in by the beginning of april '

As this is for your A-Level ( Important ) project upon which your results will depend then you should approach you tutor for advice/pointers.

Having said that you might think about using Infrared leds in the ducks and one or two infrared emitters in the 'gun'.

:lol:

Hmmm... IR could bounce off walls at all sorts of angles - can cause false 'hits'. Better to use a laser diode, I think:

**broken link removed**

Since you said, "handed in," I assume this is for a school project. What is your grade and level of electronics experience? We are thinking that you are talking about a "gun" with a light source that, when pointed at a target, will make something happen. Please expand on your ideas.

Phasor:

[Hmmm... IR could bounce off walls at all sorts of angles - can cause false 'hits'. Better to use a laser diode, I think: ]

I agree totally. When I suggested IR I expected the student to think of what is for and against this type of design.

If the 'gun' is an emitter within a tube this will give some element of directional control and reduce the chance of false hits.

If each 'duck' has an IR led and a standard led or lamp then...

the IR led is wired to one input of an AND gate and the other input is connected to the standard led/lamp then, with a pseudo random generator the led/lamp is lit on a 'duck'. If you then point the 'gun' at the relevant 'duck' within a set timeframe - 1..2 seconds - and pull the trigger.
If your aim is good enough and within the timeframe then the AND sends the signal to the rest of the circuitry and - hey presto - one dead 'duck'.

If not the next 'duck' illuminates.

THAT was my idea - but I would prefer to stretch minds rather than give definitive answers.

I live in the same country as this student and know what the A-Level means to him/her - in 3 years time my daughter will be doing it, with the minimum of help from me and no definitive answers.

One more thing about using a laser diode - I'm trying to keep the cost down.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back