Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dual seven segment display

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcaluma

question!...
say we have a bcd counter, 5 bit, how should i make or what should i use to have an output to the displays when it reaches "10"? using two seven segment display....is there a chip which is used for decoding two displays?...
thanks!!...

well, i don't know about that. i know that there are counters with 2, 3 ....digits wich are in one chip.
but what is it wrong in using 2 ICs?

Usually you would use two chips, one for each display. If your counter doesn't have a dedicated pin to trigger the next digit to increment, you'll have to use the most significant digit pin to trigger the count when it changes state to low(negative edge triggering).

clarification on my question

here's the scenario:

we have a program running on our system that will output incrementing 5-bit BCD(1,2,4,8,16)....
then we want to check if the system will have a correct output through the use of a 2-digit display...

pls give us hints or suggestions on what I.C.'s are we going to use....

thanks!....

hope this is more clear...[/img]

As i remember well, the old TTL-serie have a code converter 74184 and 74185. If You can find one, this solve the problem (with two 7447 BCD to 7segment driver). Other way write a program for EPROM or GAL or PIC for conversion. Also possible do this with diode-matrix(many diodes= many work...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back