Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual Core Microchip Project Programming Partner Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

GettinBetter

Looking for someone to fill the post as above.... With the following requisites.

A. Must be in the UK.
B. Be reasonably acquainted with Microchip products.
C. Must be willing to learn the Dual Core range.

I will try to ascertain your programing capabilities, and expect you to be very familiar with 'C' language.

I am a life long machine shop engineer, with a formal electronics education, but only limited experience in Microchip design, and I know my limitations.
I have a product that I'm willing to share to the right person, in the hope that it actually gets completed and bears our names.
None of the systems being used in the design are new or ground breaking, as they're tried and tested.

I have much of the mechanical side completed, and some parts fabricated, but electronic design is ongoing.

Whilst you may reply to this post, any contact details can only be divulged by PM.

If you're not interested in a partnership, but could competently do some programming, then I'd be happy to pay for your programming services

Regards
Les

Last edited:
Disclaimer - this reply will most probably end up with no result, but your post intrigues me....

A) I am in UK on South coast
B) I am familiar with PIC 16/18/24/32/33. PIC32 is my favourite. See Libstock website and search "JVC" for many examples of my best work over time.
C) I would be willing to learn dual core. Would be interesting, but as Pommie hints - I wonder about the wisdom

I have become lazy and do most of my programming using mikroC compilers. I hanker to return to Microchip tools, but have lacked sufficient incentive to do so, even though I did most of my learning with Microchip tools. Currently, dual core can only sensibly be done with Microchip tool-chain.

I have a metalworking workshop set up in the garage, but "I have all the gear, but no idea". The interest is there but skills lack. The thought of combining microprocessor programming with a little bit of metalworking interests me. I have extensive microprocessor tools and test equipment setup.

Partnership might be of interest (but don't get your hopes up), though I would want to be junior partner, not lead partner.

Paid work is of no interest whatsoever.

Probably dreaming... but who knows?

Why do you think you need dual core?

Mike.
Dual cores are in the DSP range... Probably signal processing is what's required.

It also intrigues me... I predominately use Pic32's ( Which would also probably suit ) I do use microchip and MikroC .. I do prefer Microchip as I always write my own libraries....

Why do you think you need dual core?

Mike.
Hi Mike,
Let's just say I'm thinking ahead.

Sorry Mike, but I'm not happy about divulging the depths of the project at this time. At the moment comms with the MCU (as mentioned previous post is the first step).

When we're up and running, I'll be more than happy to share all the media, with the site that I feel I have some sort of allegiance to.

Les

You should bite Ian's arm off.....

Can't think that you will get a better potential offer.

disclaimer:
just a feeling based on Ian's posting record, that I cannot back up in any way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back