Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drum switch for single phase 220 volt motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Miller

Trying to find out if this wiring will work for Smith and Jones 2HP (Harbor freight Motor) Wanting to run it on 220 volts with drum switch, Single phase. I am restoring an older engine lathe and had to replace the switch and motor, I need this to be able to run forward and reverse. Rotary switch positions and wiring from inside of motor cover is on the drawing. I Would like to wire it correctly and be able to share the results on the net. I have found a few other wiring drawings that were not correct and want to be sure.
Husky wiring diagram 200.jpg

It looks correct to me. For safety you should have an NVR (No volt release.) switch feeding the reversing switch. Any safety interlock contacts should be connected in series wth the maintainer coil on the NVR switch. It would also be a good idea to have another set of contacts on the reversing switch that caused the NVR switch to open if an attempt was made to switch from forward to reverse without first removing power with the NVR switch.

Les.

Last edited:
This is a PDF of the latest drawing hope this is more correct

Attachments

• Latest new info version-Model.pdf
    366.3 KB · Views: 645
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back