Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
A drone flies because the upward thrust from its motors and propellers is more than its weight. A model drone uses a lightweight Li-Po battery. Maybe you use a heavy lead-acid battery?
Do you have a radio control system to adjust the speed of its motors?

Maybe you need to turn it on, provide batteries, or charge them or follow a crash course as a learning pilot.

Not much information you give, really.

I'm maked a drone but it's can't fly please help me.
Looking at the drawings and schematics you were so kind as to provide you need to increase the propeller diameter and change the propeller pitch slightly, maybe 5 degrees down. I would also go with a higher voltage LiPo battery as to reduce the current draw on the motors. You may also want to consider a 6 prop unit over the 4 prop design you posted. Then again, considering all the information you provided I certainly believe a DJI Phantom 4 Professional+ Quadcopter (Includes Display) CP.PT.000549 would be a viable solution to your problem.

Last fall & winter season I built a garage, can you tell me why the door doesn't work?

Ron

I have two drones. They are designed and made in China by Syma and use 2.4GHz for the radio control. They were cheap, one is tiny and the other is larger but small. They have gyros for stability and can do stunts if you want. One battery charge flies it for about 2.5 minutes.

I have an Eachine E52 drone from China.
This is also very cheap. It has folding arms and when folded, is about the size of an iPhone7 in width and just under 1 inch longer.
It came with a transmitter and also has a wide-angle 2MP camera for taking images and video.
The transmitter has a button which makes it do flips, if that's your thing.
The drone creates a WiFi hotspot and can be directly controlled from a connected smartphone, using the manufacturer's app.
The app is also required to record/save images and video locally to the smartphone.
It's transmitter has an attachment clip for the smartphone, so you can view what the camera see whilst you are operating it from the supplied transmitter.
The 500 mAh battery lasts around 5 minutes and takes around 60 minutes to charge, so I bought 3 extra batteries.
The drone does not have GPS, but does have an altitude-hold feature which comes into effect when the sticks are released.
The altitude-hold feature uses an on-board barometer to try and maintain it's height, but mine drifts up slowly.
I will try it again outdoors as it has only been used inside so far, to see if it drifts up as much when there is nothing else around to affect it.

I'm maked a drone but it's can't fly please help me.

Maybe it needs to flap its wings harder.

Maybe it needs to take droning lessons.

Maybe it needs more power cap'n.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back