Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving Motor With Two Transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all

i have just designing my new project

Which can be reduce a the quantity of Transistor in driving motor

is it ok to use this circuit in driving motor with PIC

because im only using small motor ?

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Unless the motor operates on a <20 mA of current (unlikely) then you will need the transistors to boost the current.

And Transistorman, you need a little better understanding of transistors. In your connection the base-emitter junctions are shorting the outputs to ground, since there are no base resistors (and what is the purpose of those transistors anyway?).

Unless the motor operates on a <20 mA of current (unlikely) then you will need the transistors to boost the current.

And Transistorman, you need a little better understanding of transistors. In your connection the base-emitter junctions are shorting the outputs to ground, since there are no base resistors (and what is the purpose of those transistors anyway?).
thanks

for your correction

i will put some diode to prevent PIC from shorting :)

OK, let's try something. Pin 6 of the PIC is High and Pin 7 is low. From there tell us in theory exactly what is happening? The transistors aren't doing anything that I can see.

Ron

The base-emitter diode of the transistor that is turned on is shorting the output of the PIC to only +0.7V.
Therefore the PIC will burn out and the motor does not get enough voltage to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back