Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Document this 555 / 4017 on/off circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Through hole. 20x80mm 2.54 pitch

I could go ahead and order the necessary components. Lmk what they would be. I have bc547,bc548, and bc327

See updated schematic below.

I've redesigned the timer pulse circuit using a BC327.
I've also shown an "Alternate Input Circuit" that will compensate for the 4v input signal. It's basically two BJT switches.
The second BJT inverts the voltage level so that a positive pulse in will produce a positive pulse out. The output of this circuit would connect to the juction of C1/R8.

I haven't tested the Alternate input circuit but it should work. Other than that, the rest of the circuit should be good to go once you've tested.

1588468149075.png

Thank you. All parts ordered.
I did try looking for a touch switch that worked at higher voltages but 5.5v is the max for these modules. The idea was to give the switch a slightly higher voltage (6.5v) to compensate for its design issue. (Its output is .5v less than its input)
The distance (5-10 ft) the switch is from the our circuit also produced a loss. I compensated by increasing the wire size from 22 to 16 guage. Stranded wire also helps. Fortunately the circuits that use the toggle or latching switches I'm using require no voltage to function so I can give them a slightly higher voltage to compensate for the distance. I'll be sure to perform tests using different wire lengths and voltages so the circuit works under these conditions.

Last edited:
Gave Design Spark a whirl. Still got to develop a rhythm but it was fun.
The terminal blocks are from one board to the next

Attachments

• 555-a - Project.pdf
    49.3 KB · Views: 166
Gave Design Spark a whirl. Still got to develop a rhythm but it was fun.
The terminal blocks are from one board to the next

Nice!:)

Good choice.
I think the biggest hurdle is getting used to its quirks, but its a great tool. I've used it for all my projects and it has worked great.
One of the biggest advantages of using a tool like this is the ability to forward schematic design changes to the board design, or, update the schematic for changes performed in the board layout. It keeps the schematic design matched to board layout.
Now we can share projects, schematics and PCBs. :)

A word a caution:
I keep my projects organized by PCB. If I have two PCB's then I create a separate project for each and use a common library.
My schematics are organized by PCB as well and multiple schematics in one project works fine (sometimes I'll break the schematic up into a separate schematic for each functional block, but still organized by PCB). If I remember correctly, I tried using multiple PCBs in a project, but it was a pain trying to keep things in synch and ran into problems.

Some schematic drafting pointers:
1. Voltage supplies flow top(+) to bottom (- or gnd)
2. Signal flow - left(input) to right (output).
3. Notes - below schematic, bottom left corner
4. Title block - below schematic bottom right corner

Good work!

I'm hoping I can get all these comments on the board.
Yes 2 boards not good.
I run into a warning sometimes when I add a connection about "joining nets". I'll figure that out. And due to the small board I'm putting the resistors on end so they take up 2 holes but the pcb tool wont allow the rotation so I just make the board bigger and it works.

I've got a lot of midnite oil to burn before I'm ready to fly.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back