Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do any of you remeber the old Science Fair P-Box kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

Here's a link with instructions, schematics etc. I has some of these when I was a kid.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Nope Bill, but I do 'remember' my first X-in-1 kit I got as a kid.....can't remember who produced it, but having to personally insert the numerous connector strips into the underside of the breadboard section of the kit, as a 7 year old, was rather tedious.....and counter-productive when the kit was supposedly marketed as a 'ready to use' product.

Quite obviously manufactured in pre slave-labour times...

I had some of those kits back when I was a kid (mid 70's). My soldering was not so good back then, I think I melted more of the plastic than solder :) I remember soldering to the parts and they would melt through the plastic perf board.

One of the kits I had was the 28-108.

Last edited:
I started off with a Science Fair 75 in 1 kit from Tandy in the UK (mid 1970s !!!)

They were the ones with jumper wires and spring contacts.

Ironic really as I spent many years working for Tandy in the late 80's and early 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back