Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY pump timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

windcoast

Hey everyone!

Im really new to this DIY stuff so im hoping for some help! I found a timer design that works with a DIN-5 female plug on a pump driver. The pump I am trying to use is a 12/24V DC pump (x-wave 6800). Basically this timer turns the pump off and on to make a wave motion.

Now here is the design that I am following.

View attachment 67554

Here is the parts list that I have compiled so far:

(C2) 1uF electrolytic cap
(IC1) 555 timer IC + socket
(R1) 1KΩ resistor
(C3) .1 uF ceramic cap
(R2) 20KΩ resistor
(C1) .47uF capacitor
(P1) 500kΩ pot

Now here is the plug that is currently being used with the timer:
Pins 1, 2, and 5 go to the Stream Controller's Female DIN5

View attachment 67555

And I am trying to plug into a DIN-8 instead of a DIN-5 seen above.

Is this possible? Any input is great!

I would worry that the 555 can source enough current to run your pump?

I think the timer just runs a switch inside the pumps driver, the other pump that it was originally designed for was running pretty much the same current.

The pump has its own driver, and there is a 8 pin port for a timer/ controller to be plugged in.

Correct me if im wrong, because I don't know to much about this stuff.

If that is the case, we need to know the voltage that the pump runs on, as I assume you will steal some of that power to run the 555 circuit. The 555 is limited to about 15V.

It would also be nice to know what must happen at the pin that controls the pump. What voltage (measured with respect to the negative or ground pin) is at the pump control pin with the pump plugged-in but not running?

What do you have to do the pump control pin to make the pump run? Hint: do you jumper it to the ground pin, or to the positive pin?

If you are trying to connect pins 1,2,5 of the circuit shown to an 8-pin DIN plug then you will need to know the function of each of the mating 8 pins of the DIN8 socket of the pump driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back