Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DIY Mini 12v Router UPS malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobeen

Hi, I created a couple of router UPS (2s and 3s) according to the attached circuit diagram, minus the voltage display. They work fine except that when batteries are completely depleted and output is turned off, it doesn't give the necessary output after the power restores until I turn the circuit off and on again manually through the on/off button. My router's light blinks in a cycle for a brief moment and turns off as if it is not getting the necessary voltage/current. Can someone help me resolve this problem, please?

I used this YouTube video as a reference to build these circuits:

1652709615639.png

The BMS is doing it's job :D

Often when you replace faulty batteries (we change a LOT at work), it doesn't work afterwards, and you have to reset the BMS.

You might consider one of these from China?

That's a two battery version, but you can either get a one battery version, or just leave one of the 18650's out, as they are just in parallel.

Nigel Goodwin umm, ok, not optimal. I want a solution that would be automatic i.e. automate the process of resetting the BMS when power restores.
The small UPS I posted the link to may well do so?, I bought a couple of them, but have never run them flat. Though as it's a specific UPS design, and it doesn't use the generic BMS module, it may do what you want?.

The small UPS I posted the link to may well do so?, I bought a couple of them, but have never run them flat. Though as it's a specific UPS design, and it doesn't use the generic BMS module, it may do what you want?.
Nigel Goodwin The module that you linked supports 12V ≤400mA while my router requires current at least 1.5A. Is there any other such module that can support this much current output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back