Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Disposable Camera Flash Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie73

Hi all, dose anyone have a circuit diagram and parts list for a disposable camera flash? i did buy one but i seam to have broaken it, plus all the components are very small with near no markings so i cant work out what they are or what to order.

i really want to make one for a projecgt im doing but i only want to use a 150 - 200v capacitor, if one exsists (photoflash caps that is)

any help would be very very good

thanks all:D

https://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G15800
https://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/FSH-12/search/FLASH_ASSEMBLY_.html

You can get the whole thing for under $2.00. I got 17 of them free once from somebody that works in a store that does pictures. Just ask at the counter, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, or similar. If they do film developing, if you want them keep asking around, you'll get lucky. If you know an employee, should be no problem.

Schematic... Search this forum, been done several times. On the web, several sites have Kodak Max, one is very good tells how to make it automatic.

Oh, believe you need 300-400 volts to light Xenon, a 4kv trigger to ionize a path for the discharge. Don't think 200 volts will do the job.

thanks for the information, ill have a look around. i dont want them to flash a bulb, i actually need them for a study im doing into electromagnets, and i wanted to study the Flux field effects from a 200v pulsed EM coil.

ill check out what you posted thanks again.

fantastic, iv found what ia was looking for, i just need some help working out what all the parts are!! i know a newbee question, but im getting there.

Attachments

• maxcirc.gif
    maxcirc.gif
    7 KB · Views: 1,662
hi all i was just wondering if anyone can identify the parts in the pic, i cant find any markings on them, so any help would be greatly welcomed

cheers

Attachments

• 000_0590.jpg
    000_0590.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 657
  • 000_0589.jpg
    000_0589.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 963
By the look of it,

A. is a transformer ( T1 in the schematic )
B. is the trigger coil ( T2 in the schematic )
C. is a non polarised capacitor.

thank you houseOFwax, i can now start to design my new circuit, or at least re-design the original one to make it super small and super fast.

cheers

C is a film capacitor marked 223K/400. It is 22,000pF which is 22nF which is 0.022uF/400V. The K says its tolerance is 10%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back