Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Disabled son needs advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestronuser

He is building a rotary film processor

He wants to include a TIMER (we have no idea.
Bought these

and

It needs to be able to start, run for a set time say 30 minutes and stop, 12v, HELP PLEASE, happy to return in wrong and buy the right thing, as there is NO wiring help we are stumped, AUTISM :( :(

Thank you

Dscn1781.jpgddd.jpg

A reminder that the timer has to be programmed. It can run in many different ways, and we don't know what the default mode is, if any.
You will have to read the instructions for the timer and set it to run for 30 minutes when powered on.
Also, the 12V wall adapter may or may not be enough current, measure the voltage when you power things on to verify the voltage stays around 12V, give or take a bit.
Thanks for the drawing Ian, I just have been too busy to address this in detail...

Are you serious, I assume you know NOTHING about electronics that is a laugh on an electrical forum LOL ROFL

:D You have got us with a literal version of the classic electronics "Black box" the we are supposed to know everything about, nice one!

Your timer wiring looks perfect.

The only thing I can thing of its that due to low cost manufacturing, the screw terminal blocks are not well attached and may have twisted in the circuit board and broken a connection underneath..

You could send it back and get a replacement?

With small screw terminals like that, when they are not well attached, I sometimes use a small pair of pliers and hold the terminal block when tightening it, so the force is not put on the circuit board.

I still can't understand why it won't turn on :(

If I knew what to do I would try this one with my son, it has a nice case but I have no idea

I wish there were wiring diagrams we are not all professionals like you :(:(:(

LOVELY forum, thank you

Attachments

• Dscn2008.jpg
    Dscn2008.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 160
  • Dscn2010.jpg
    Dscn2010.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Dscn2011.jpg
    Dscn2011.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 172
If I knew what to do I would try this one with my son, it has a nice case but I have no idea

I wish there were wiring diagrams we are not all professionals like you :(:(:(
I've found some information on that one; there is a video of the manual pages in the questions section here:

I've screengrabbed the first two pages as it's annoying having them change in the video.

Power connects to the terminals at the left hand end. It needs a separate pushbutton switch to start the timer running, wired between positive (top) and the middle terminal.

It looks like "P1-1" mode is the one you need, so it starts when you press the button and stops after whatever time you set?

Timer_Page_1.jpg

Timer_Page_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back