Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Disabled son needs advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestronuser

He is building a rotary film processor

He wants to include a TIMER (we have no idea.
Bought these

and

It needs to be able to start, run for a set time say 30 minutes and stop, 12v, HELP PLEASE, happy to return in wrong and buy the right thing, as there is NO wiring help we are stumped, AUTISM :( :(

Thank you

Dscn1781.jpgddd.jpg

The first timer you list should do fine. It has the 12V input for the control circuit (blue connector) and output connector (green) to control one wire for power. All you may have to do is put an extra jumper from the blue + pin to one of the green connections. The other green will be the +12V out controlled by the timer.
This all assumes your 12V has enough capacity to run the timer and run the device all at the same time. AA batteries do not have all that much capacity...

How can that help when I said it has a 12v supply you can see the battery "AA" supply plugged in ?????

I did not know what the other box was, there is no identification.

For something motor-driven that runs for long periods, I expected a mains PSU with 12V out.

Something like this, which would likely work and save the cost of batteries?

Easy Guys , Easy !

He's been upfront and mentioned his autism, but not the difficulties that presents and he's been here before asking help but gave up and ran off because of the endless criticism and teasing he got.

And how is that an AA battery?.

We both know that's an AA battery box .. .. . probably for 6 x AA batteries. If the motor is 12v it would run, albeit slower than expected ?

Come on, please be nice or if can't - shut up !

MM

Easy Guys , Easy !

He's been upfront and mentioned his autism, but not the difficulties that presents and he's been here before asking help but gave up and ran off because of the endless criticism and teasing he got.

We both know that's an AA battery box .. .. . probably for 6 x AA batteries. If the motor is 12v it would run, albeit slower than expected ?

MM

Oh my god thank you

It is hard to ask for help, and I always tell people I am an Autistic father with THREE autistic sons.

ANY help would be so much appreciated

Thank you

Attachments

• ddd.jpg
    ddd.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 153
Easy Guys , Easy !

MM

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    514.4 KB · Views: 170
The timer you bought will work fine... Sagor is probably drawing a circuit up... All you need to do is separate
The positive coming from your battery box and route it through the relay connector... The other ( blue) connector is 12v ~ 0 volts... Personally I would unsolder the battery box and connect those wires to the blue connector, then run another pair back to the battery..

1656930251675.png

The timer you bought will work fine... Sagor is probably drawing a circuit up... All you need to do is separate
The positive coming from your battery box and route it through the relay connector... The other ( blue) connector is 12v ~ 0 volts... Personally I would unsolder the battery box and connect those wires to the blue connector, then run another pair back to the battery..

View attachment 137711

Bless you, I will try that after I have had a cup of tea and calmed down as my disabled son has today been a victim of disability abuse (reported) MANY thanks

I have taken a brake as I am getting so frustrated, autism :mad::mad::mad:

I thought I had done 100% what is shown all I get is a red light nothing turns on

Has to be me, thanks and sorry

Attachments

• Dscn2005.jpg
    Dscn2005.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Dscn2006.jpg
    Dscn2006.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 171

Attachments

• Dscn2008.jpg
    Dscn2008.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 166