Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DipTrace - Square Pad with Round Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quercus

Another DipTrace question - I've got a USB Micro B connector that I have to create a custom pattern for. I've got the datasheet with the details for the component and the mounting board.

The recommended mounting for the connector uses oval holes on a rectangular pad, and even oval holes on a custom shaped pad. How do I design these odd shaped mounting pads/holes in DipTrace?

In the PCB editor, you can click (right click) on a pad, select "Properties" of the pad. In that next window, you can define the pad as rectangular and the dimensions of it (can make it square if dimensions are the same). You can also define the hole as round or oval, and then define the dimensions of the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back