Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dim LED's on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigon

Hello, I’m new to the forum. I haven’t touched electronics for almost 10 years. I took about 1 years worth of electronics classes in high school.

I am currently working on a custom built computer case. I would like to have the bottom of the case lit up by some LED’s but I would like for the LED’s to “pulsate.” So I would like to build a circuit that is powered by one of the standard computer power supply 4 pin molex connectors. I want the circuit to dim some LED’s on and off. I have found plenty of “how to’s” to get the LED’s to flash but what I want, is to have the LED’s slowly increase in brightness and then slowly decrease in brightness, and to continue to do this in a loop.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering what the second un-marked amplifier is, is it just another 1458? The drawing shows a power supply of 9v, I think a computer power supply 4pin molex is 12v, will this hurt the circuit?

Thanks

Yes, they're both the 1458 which is a dual op-amp IC, you could just as easily use the LM358.

The circuit should also work with 12V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back