Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Pushbutton Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuee

Hi, not sure i used the correct terminology, correct me if im wrong.

I want to remove a 4 way slide switch and replace with a push button switch that has 5 outputs that i can hook to relays. or it they can push out over 200ma. Again schematic / circuits appreciated.

thanks

What's the voltage associated with the "200mA"? Do the circuits to be switched by the circuit or relays have a common ground? Are the selections to be 4 outputs and an OFF, selected one at a time?

Ken

Working voltage between 9v and 12v.
I can either output 12v 200ma direct to a light, or can use to trigger Relay to power the light.

I woluld like 5 positions, 1,2,3,4 = on / off individualy, 5 = 1,2,3 On all toghter(position 5 isnt essential and can just be the 4 switch)

They all use common ground depending on voltage, if we can use 12v for the switch then the whole setup can be common ground.

Thanks

What's the voltage associated with the "200mA"? Do the circuits to be switched by the circuit or relays have a common ground? Are the selections to be 4 outputs and an OFF, selected one at a time?

Ken

1-all Off
2-1 on 2,3,4 off
3-2 on 1,3,4 off
4-3 on 1,2,4 off
5-4 on 1,2,3 off
6-1,2,3 on 4 off

Ken

Attachments

• 4017PushbuttonStepper.gif
    4017PushbuttonStepper.gif
    29.3 KB · Views: 438
Yes, the MOSFETs will handle up to 5A.

Ken

1-all Off

Ken

Hi Ken,

I suggest to have the counter being reset by Q6(pin5). That way you'll get "all Off", or shift the diode network from Q0 upwards (leaving Q0 unused) and still reset from Q6.

A 4017 has Q0 high when reset.

Regards

Boncuk

Thanks Boncuk,
Not sure where my mind was. I'll correct the schematic.
Ken

Corrected schematic:

Attachments

• 4017PushbuttonStepper.gif
    4017PushbuttonStepper.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Thanks Boncuk,
Not sure where my mind was. I'll correct the schematic.
Ken

Corrected schematic:

Hi again Ken,

I assumed you will correct everything of your schematic. :)

Connections SW, R, C and CLK have no junction.

The same applies to the gate discharge resistors of the two bottom transistors, where the latter missing junctions are self explanatory (meaning there must be a connection).

The first one could also be a crossing.

Regards

Boncuk

That sometimes happens when exporting a ExpressPCB schematic to a .BMP, cropping it down in Microsoft Picture Manager, and then exporting as a.gif.
Connections SW, R, C and CLK have no junction.
There should be a junction there, as well as at the top of each gate resistor. I'm going to have to find a way around that problem.

Ken

Last edited:
Here's the super de luxe version of the lamp sequencer. :)

Boncuk

Attachments

• SEQUENCED-LAMPS.gif
    SEQUENCED-LAMPS.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 257
That sometimes happens when exporting a ExpressPCB schematic to a .BMP, cropping it down in Microsoft Picture Manager, and then exporting as a.gif.
There should be a junction there, as well as at the top of each gate resistor. I'm going to have to find a way around that problem.

Ken

Hi Ken,

you might think about downloading and using "Screenshot Captor" from donationcoder.com.

Nothing to export! Just zoom in the desired part of the display and "shoot" it. Save it as "gif" file and cut the unwanted part using any graphic software.

Even if you miss some lines or see them very faintly on your display after cutting they will be enhanced by the forum's software.

Regards

Boncuk

Decided to play a little with the ExpressPCB export. Found my problem with the missing connections. Though the intersecting wire connections appear to be there on the screen...little gray boxes at the junctions...the actual connections were never make. The gray boxes were just the wire ends. It would have been caught had I linked it to the PCB layout program. :)

I'll take a look at Screen Capture.

Thanks!

ken

just to throw a wrench into the works, but instead of having the 4017 reset from otput 6, couldn't you just double up the outputs to use all of them? i see no reson why it can't be done. Boncuk, what circuit simulation software are you using?

You would have no All-Off selection...and it would require 7 more diodes, to save 1 piece of wire, to do the same thing. ;)

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back