Development Board Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alperen

Hi there,
We will make a smart home project as graduation thesis which i shared the youtube link below. So my question is do you recommend me any development board for this project? As you can see it should support HC-05 bluetooth module, UART input.
Thank You

I assume that's not your project in the video, but a similar one you want to do.

Just about anything will talk to an HC-05 bluetooth module. The question is, what do you need other than that. Do you need an ARM controller? I mean an Arduino would do this stuff.

Hi,
Yes you are right we want to make a similar one. We must make it with bluetooth and an ARM microcontroller. Teachers don't accept Arduino.

I used to work with PIC microcontrollers this is first time i will make something with ARM. So i want to buy a learning development kit, and it should support the project on the youtube link.

Anything will support that system as all it is is a serial connection with the HC-06 bluetooth module and a few GPIO to turn on relays.

I've been out of this for a couple years, so I'm not certain if there is anything better right now, but:
STM32 or STM32F4 discovery will work. Cheap development board which includes the programmer.
LPCXpresso. Never worked with these development board, though I have used plenty of LPC chips. I think the LPCXpresso IDE has some kind of simplified language. Anyway, it also comes with an on board programmer and there are different versions.
I was going to include a Freescale one, but it looks like Freescale and NXP merged a couple months ago.

EDIT: Technically the Raspberry Pi is an ARM board. You could use and it would probably be a little more relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…