Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Development Board Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alperen

Hi there,
We will make a smart home project as graduation thesis which i shared the youtube link below. So my question is do you recommend me any development board for this project? As you can see it should support HC-05 bluetooth module, UART input.
Thank You

I assume that's not your project in the video, but a similar one you want to do.

Just about anything will talk to an HC-05 bluetooth module. The question is, what do you need other than that. Do you need an ARM controller? I mean an Arduino would do this stuff.

I assume that's not your project in the video, but a similar one you want to do.

Just about anything will talk to an HC-05 bluetooth module. The question is, what do you need other than that. Do you need an ARM controller? I mean an Arduino would do this stuff.

Hi,
Yes you are right we want to make a similar one. We must make it with bluetooth and an ARM microcontroller. Teachers don't accept Arduino.

I used to work with PIC microcontrollers this is first time i will make something with ARM. So i want to buy a learning development kit, and it should support the project on the youtube link.

Anything will support that system as all it is is a serial connection with the HC-06 bluetooth module and a few GPIO to turn on relays.

I've been out of this for a couple years, so I'm not certain if there is anything better right now, but:
STM32 or STM32F4 discovery will work. Cheap development board which includes the programmer.
LPCXpresso. Never worked with these development board, though I have used plenty of LPC chips. I think the LPCXpresso IDE has some kind of simplified language. Anyway, it also comes with an on board programmer and there are different versions.
I was going to include a Freescale one, but it looks like Freescale and NXP merged a couple months ago.

EDIT: Technically the Raspberry Pi is an ARM board. You could use and it would probably be a little more relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back