Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

desperate! how to force mplab to erase pic program memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huanyong

hi, i'm a newbie in pic programming. i'm now trying to re-program a pic using microchip mplab ide and pic start plus. i try over and over again but still, it shows the error message because the pic's program memory is NOT BLANK. what can i do to force mplab to erase the pic's memory?

thanks for your help:>
cheers:>

Take a look at the datasheet for the device you're using (www.microchip.com), and check to see it isn't a OTP (one time programming) device. the datasheet should say FLASH or EEPROM µcontroller wich are the only ones that can be reprogrammed (besides windowed parts of course).

im using pic 16f628, my programmer is pic start plus. i try to use another DIY programmer, it works! but not mplab, i wonder why? ( there's no selection for erasing the eeprom in mplab )

cheers:>

erase

I use the CDlite and the melabs bootloader and the erase function is a part of the loader not the IDE. Could you be missing a step or looking in the wrong place for it?

Have you tried pressing the "erase flash device" button under the PICStart Plus dialog?

Attachments

• picstart.JPG
    picstart.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 927
motion said:
Have you tried pressing the "erase flash device" button under the PICStart Plus dialog?
yes, i did try it! my mplab version is 6.2.0, i wonder does it support 16f628a?

OOps sorry. I forgot to mention that the screenshot came from mplab 5.7. I am having problems working with the newer version 6 series so I'm sticking with the 5.7 for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back