Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing a speaker with exterior magnets for mounting ISO designers feedback who are exp w/mags

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiffyLane

Looking for people who have worked with magnetics and electronics....

We have designed a mini speaker that has high powered magnetic strip on exterior of speaker. This is necessary for the way it is mounted. So far is not affecting the working prototype. Absolutely no sound distortion.... (yet). There seems to be no other way to mount this. After 4 years of design work we are moving forward with the best working idea to date.
I'd just hate to get 3,000 sample units and find there is a problem with this.
Anyone have any experience, feedback or thoughts on magnetics and electronics? Wondering why no companies have done this. It is a thin magnetic strip encased in silicone. Double faced, double pole. Strip is approx 10" x 1" of flexible material, similar to the loch ness iwatch magnetic band idea.
The speaker is 3" x 1.5". Small drivers.

Thanks for any thoughts/experience.

BL

Hi BiffyLane,

I am not an expert on these things, but I do know about a method of arranging magnets to minimise field strength on one side, while maximising on the other. It is called a Halbach Array.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Wookie, I just read the Wiki article & saved it. I am working with some mag experts to get the design, so may ask them too about this. The prob is they don't work with my type of electronics. Good stuff, thanks again for tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back