Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design an 8-bit adder block that can add any two 8-bit registers from a bank of 10 registers and store the result again in any one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guney45

Hello, I am engineering student in Turkey.

Our teacher gave us a homework. I took care of all but this question. But I couldn't do this question. It is very complicated, I just could not put it in my mind. Can you help me?

Thank you

1607861416412.png

For the Register You can use D Flip Flops or Register IC's.
The adder You must built from used in the course.

The output from the adder can take the result into a register can be done by an Multiplexer with disable outputs.
An analog multiplexer is possible a solution too - like C-MOS 4051 or an derivat.

I think the thing has to be clocked ( Register Load, ADD, Output ).
So You need a Clock Source - possibly with more steps.

You could tri-state the output of the 10 registers. Essentially do it twice. Each register has two tri-state outputs that feed the adder.

A BCD to decimal converter adds more fluff, but isn't essential, but it does prevent two buffers being on simultaneously.

You could tri-state the output of the 10 registers. Essentially do it twice. Each register has two tri-state outputs that feed the adder.
Good Idea.
You need the same Procedure for the Output of the Adder, to reload the register.
It has to overwrite the the Pre loaded Values.

I guess the thing would be quite complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back