Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Denon AVR 2106

Status
Not open for further replies.

A3 Headhunter

I have a Denon AVR 2106 Surround sound receiver and it is a little messed up. About a year ago I was wiring up the speakers but what i didn't know is that i had my receiver on while doing it. so i already have the wires hooked up the the receiver and then i hooked the speakers up. Well when i was doing it the black and the red wire touched causing a spark. I look at the sterio and there was a spark too. I ran over to it and looked inside and i seen to red hot wires in there. Now when i turn it on all it tells me is what it is and a few other things and shuts off can someone please help me i can't afford to buy another one of these things.

Unless you have at least basic knowledge of electronics and reading schematics preferably designing basic circuits there's little we can do to help.
What's your background/knowledge in electronics?

I don't have much knowledge but what i do know is what is wrong with it doing research for the past hour however i do not know how to fix this problem. The problem is on the silver oscilator (WIN 3.579545mhz (15PF)) and a green resistor look alike number J104. It seems to be a heat sink according to the the other comments and on denon i just don't know where to find these part on here and how to fix it

I have a Denon AVR 1600 so I know the pain you must be feeling. If I were you, I would just go ahead and cry, move on from the denial stage and straight into acceptance stage. :) Seriously, considering the cost of the AVR, it might be worth sending into the service center for repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back